Mar 09 at 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
We are honoured to host this Global F < a+i > r Public Session on the Visions of Feminist AI moderated by Ingrid Brudvig
This session will take place on March 9, 2022 from 16:00 CET to 17:30 CET.
New inventions and management of tools have distinctly shaped economic and political systems, culture, society, women’s rights and gender justice throughout human history. We are at a tipping point where it is uncertain whether data-driven AI technologies and tools will move us to the positive or the negative side of the gender justice equation.
In this critical moment, what is the vision of feminist AI from an anthropological perspective? This global event aims to connect the vision of gender justice movements, feminist economists, social & climate justice activists, anthropologists and interdisciplinary researchers with data scientists and machine learning experts who envision an inclusive and thriving future – to leverage this critical moment in history to bring new systems, models and feminist perspectives to policymakers at the solution table.
- Kemly Camacho – Co-Founder, Sulá Batsú Cooperativa
- Sareeta Amrute – Affiliate Associate Professor, University of Washington & Principle Researcher, Data & Society Research Institute
- Peace Oliver Amuge – Executive Director, Women of Uganda Network
- Amina Soulimani – Doctoral Research Fellow, HUMA-Institute for Humanities in Africa
- Moderator: Ingrid Brudvig – Women@TheTable/A+ Alliance
Last modified: February 27, 2022